What you need to know
- Beginning Nov. 1, 2020, patients can access most of their lab and test results via MyChart 24 hours after they are finalized, including holidays and weekends.
- Sensitive results, such as certain radiology, oncology and pathology reports will be released 4 days after they are finalized, including holidays and weekends.
- New federal guidance requires that HMH provides data to patients in a timely manner.
What you need to do
There are no specific workflow changes you need to make, but please be sure to:
- Review the detailed chart below on how lab and testing times will change.
- Remind patients that, beginning Nov. 1, they can access most of their lab and test results via MyChart within 24 hours. Other tests will be available 4 days after finalization.
Three benefits of faster lab results
- It places patients at the center of their care and will enable you to make more timely decisions about their treatment.
- Patients will have faster, easier access to their medical information.
- It helps us remain competitive with local, regional and national providers who currently offer similar turnaround times.