What you need to know
Microsoft Office will now be removed on Wednesday, May 26 at 10 p.m. Beginning Wednesday, May 26 at 10 p.m., access will be disabled to Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, OneNote and Visio. If you click on the icons on your computer or office.com, the applications will not open.
- Beginning Wednesday, May 26 at 10 p.m., all work will be conducted in Google Workspace: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, etc.
- HMH mail and calendar entries will be removed from HMH-managed mobile devices.
- Files from your Home Drive/H: Drive have been migrated to zArchive Home Drive Migration in Google My Drive. To work on those files, follow these instructions.
- IT is going department by department to understand any technical exceptions that still require a Microsoft application. To apply for an exception, please email HMHisGoingGoogle@hmhn.org and include EXCEPTION in the subject line.
- Shared drives will continue to be accessible as they are currently. To make it easier to interact with files in a Shared Drive and files in Google Drive, we will be pushing out Google Drive for Desktop to to all Windows workstations on April 28. If you would like to move files from a current departmental share to Google Drive, use these instructions. More information about the migration of files on department shares to Google Shared Drive is coming shortly.
Take advantage of this extra time to prepare. The transition to Google Workspace requires everyone’s active participation from training and education to making adjustments when needed to files that have migrated from Microsoft to Google. To help you with this process, please use the appropriate guides and resources:
- Guide to Managing Converted Files
- Working with Excel Files after Migrating to Drive
- Videos on how to move files manually and work in Drive
- Templates to produce documents, spreadsheets and presentations with HMH branding are now available in Google Workspace. Here’s how to access and use them.
- OneNote notebooks can be saved as a PDF and either upload to My Drive or email the file using these instructions.
- Files from Teams channels can be downloaded and uploaded to My Drive.
- Copy/paste Outlook Notes into a Google doc to retain them. Use these instructions to export notes to Gmail.
Training and education: