What you need to know
HMH is now enrolling individuals in a COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial. The national COVE Trial aims to study the mRNA-1273 vaccine, co-developed by Moderna and the NIH, in 30,000 individuals. HMH is expected to enroll 300 individuals.
The vaccines being tested are made from the genetic code of the virus copied from SARS-CoV-2, not the whole virus. Therefore, the vaccines cannot cause infection or cause COVID-19 illness.
This is a phase III study to test the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.
Get More Information
Interested in joining the trial or have a patient?
- Call 551-996-5977
- Visit HackensackMeridianHealth.org/COVID19.
You can also take HMH’s COVID-19 Vaccine Trial prescreening survey by clicking here.
HMH investigators expect to enroll 300 individuals. These individuals are:
- required to be older than 18 years of age;
- must not be pregnant or breast feeding;
- must not have had the SARS-CoV2 infection (COVID-19); and
- must not have some conditions like certain bleeding disorders, active infection or other immune disorders.
Members of diverse communities are especially sought, to ensure the enrollment group is representative of a wide variety of people – in order to understand how it works in different groups, especially those at highest risk for COVID-19.