Focusing on patient safety is a critical part of providing high-quality health care and is always our top priority at HMH. In recognition of Patient Safety Awareness Week, this year we are calling on you to take the HMH Patient Safety Pledge.
Represented by our SAFETY acronym, our high reliability universal skills guide our decisions and actions and serve as the foundation of our daily work – Speak up for safety; Attention to detail; Focus on best practices; Effective communication; Thinking critically; and, You and me together. As ONE TEAM for Safety, we have an obligation to cross check each other as we ensure safe health care for our patients. By taking the pledge, we stand united in striving to reduce preventable harm and in our commitment to safety across the care continuum.
HMH Patient Safety Pledge
I commit to work in partnership with my colleagues at HMH to reduce preventable harm and improve the experience of health care for our patients and team members. I will:
- Prevent harm wherever and whenever possible.
- Utilize systems and processes, to raise awareness when things don’t exactly as planned
- Make team-based decisions for treatments and outcomes in collaboration with patients
- Advance our culture of patient safety to achieve equitable care in every circumstance.
- Be transparent, authentic and respectful with one another in all that we do.
- Work diligently to promote, integrate and engage patients and families as care partners.
- Work to achieve health care that is compassionate and just.
- Find solutions to identified problems and needs to enhance our practice environment.
- Use effective communication to lead to a safer and more secure environment for us all.
- Ask clarifying questions, validate and verify, and stop the line until I am confident in the action.